- Marilyn getting her hair done in Fox Studios, 1946
This is one of the shots of her pre-nose job.
i hope that was a joooooke - they didnt have the medical technology to preform the subtle surgeries we see today.
just like the moon landing truthers - the science and technology didnt exist!
i have no idea about marilyn, but i just googled that and the rhinoplasty has been around since 800 BC. there’s a bunch of developments in there, so i’m guessing she could’ve had something.
Yes, rhinoplasty had been around for thousands of years but people claim Marilyn had her first surgery around 1950, even as early as 1947 - only two years after WWII ended, a lot of jumps in cosmetic surgery were thanks to technology developed and used during the war. Post-war other cosmetic surgeons had to train in order to preform these procedures on the public with success, and experimental surgeries were still routinely preformed overseas. You couldn’t get a license for an aesthetic surgery as late as the mid-40s.
Surgeries during this period were still unpredictable, so having one was a risk. By the mid 50s they were very good at scooping out a big ol’ schnoz but subtly sculpting the upturned tip and carefully removing the soft tissue was very unpredictable. The techniques used in those procedures were developed during the 1950s and done convincingly, and with less risk, in the late 50s - after Marilyn’s career had taken off. Just think back to the 1970s when rhinoplasty was widely available and people wanted a ‘sculpted’ nose - everyone had the same nose and that was 20 years after Marilyn’s very personalized work.
here she is in the 60s - when she smiles her nose still looks wide.
Then again she could’ve been extremely lucky, had the best surgeon in the world (but why for an unknown woman?), and gotten the one in a million early 50s nose job. To me, it looks like some really good contour make-up. If people claimed a nose job this subtle in the 60s, I might be better persuaded.
She probably had her teeth fixed and maybe something done to her chin. She is also in her early 20s in a lot of the ‘before’ pictures of her and she still, very obviously, has a lot of baby fat on her face. A lot of those pictures are also of her smiling vs. no smiling in the ‘after’ photos.
I considered rhinoplasty for a long time when I was a teenager and until I was about 21 (which is why I have so much useless knowledge about rhinoplasty) but then! The baby fat all came off of my face and it got a sharper shape to it. I look, not totally different, but different enough from 20 vs 26. I definitely grew into my nose, the bridge doesn’t look so wide, and what I once hated I love.
Dropping knowledge! I totally buy that it’s contouring. I was actually looking at pictures earlier, and my only conclusion was that she learned how to play her “good” angles. Lots of tipping her head a little back, which is the opposite of this picture.
- kkkitt3ns likes this
- r-osie reblogged this from huckleberryfinns
- neptune-avenue reblogged this from insideisakaleidoscopeheart
- insideisakaleidoscopeheart reblogged this from huckleberryfinns
- huckleberryfinns reblogged this from attrctive
- the-night-children reblogged this from attrctive
- fuck-reality-keep-dreaming likes this
- expurge likes this
- attrctive reblogged this from alllyouneedisfaithandtrust
- alllyouneedisfaithandtrust reblogged this from motel-flower-nation
- floatingonadrift likes this
- motel-flower-nation reblogged this from toxicatedkisses
- juliannaaa-serranoo reblogged this from toxicatedkisses
- sweeti3-pie reblogged this from toxicatedkisses
- young-for-the-night reblogged this from toxicatedkisses
- toxicatedkisses reblogged this from jacquelinekenlady
- levres-rouge likes this
- alexxishighvoltage likes this
- marrabella reblogged this from belaglam and added:
- retropolska reblogged this from zombieteapot
- belaglam reblogged this from zombieteapot
- deathisntblonde likes this
- victorrosam likes this
- zombieteapot reblogged this from lovingmarilyn
- shywhimsicality reblogged this from lovingmarilyn
- lunchwithdahmer reblogged this from midwest-monster
- belgiannathalie likes this
- adoringmarilyn reblogged this from lovingmarilyn
- lunchwithdahmer likes this
- yoursbeyondyou reblogged this from dead-girls-d0nt-cry
- super-snoopy likes this
- istillwantnakedbambifortea likes this
- perfectmanifest likes this
- sleeps-on-c0uches likes this
- 23-de-fevereiro likes this
- bunniesandbooze likes this
- miprofedebiologiaesunosito reblogged this from img-e
- img-e reblogged this from omgliane
- h-appleandcinnamon reblogged this from thebeautyofmarilyn
- taylorwutang reblogged this from vintagenani
- vintagenani reblogged this from prettigirlsmakegraves
- stuggs likes this
- mermaid-b1tch reblogged this from kuatica
- lottiesfeest likes this
- itsroselove reblogged this from ezra-hoenig
- rockabella-for-life reblogged this from dead-girls-d0nt-cry
- pistolsandcobras likes this
- jaemisteza likes this
- janiceevelyn reblogged this from prettigirlsmakegraves